Thursday, March 10, 2011

a must share dinner

We found a great deal on portabella mushrooms this weekend and realized that we had not eaten them in ages! They turned out amazing so I thought I would share my "recipe." I'm more of a process gal than a measuring gal so here is my best attempt. There are no pictures because as soon as they came out of the oven the amazing smell made us wolf them down. So. Good.
Feta Topped 'shrooms
1 large portabella mushroom per person (I made 2)
Kraft olive oil sundried tomato salad dressing
feta cheese (i used about 2 oz)
2 roma tomatos, chopped and rinsed to remove seeds
tablespoos basil fresh or dried (i used dried)
4 or 5 garlic cloves, chopped

marinate mushrooms by placing in a plastic zip bag and coating with the salad dressing. Leave in fridge for a few hours. When ready to cook heat oven to 425. Place mushrooms upside down on a baking pan or stoneware baking dish so they look like a bowl ready to fill with goodness. This isnt meat so feel free to leave the salad dressing filling the cup of the mushroom a bit. Even pour leftover from the bag on to the mushrooms! In a bowl combine feta, garlic, tomatoes and basil. Spoon this mixture into the mushroom. Place in oven and bake about 15-20 minutes. This would be so good served on a bed of quinoa! We used a steam in the microwave bag of brown rice because my meal planning forgot that part. It was still super super yummy. *note: I did not even attempt to serve this to my children. They ate hot dogs. I feel no shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment