Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dinner with Jungle Jack

When I was a little girl I wanted to grow up to be a zoo keeper. Specifically, up until my sophomore year of high school, I wanted to be a marine biologist. My sophmore year I took honors chemistry and realized that science and I were only going to be friends as long as math was not involved. Unfortunately, math is involved. So I became a mommy instead. I would like to point out the obvious that being a mommy is a whole lot like being a zoo keeper. I design habitats, create meal plans, research odd behaviors, create enrichments, raise funds from sponsors ( known as daddy)  and on most days clean up poop as well. I've been obsessed with zoos my entire life and many of my favorite memories are attached to them. Riding a camel in California, visiting the polar bears in Colorado, first date with my husband in Vienna, Austria (remind me to blog about that one sometime). For Christmas this year we were given season tickets to Sea World! Its about two and a half hours from us, but since we don't need to buy tickets every time we can go for special events with minimal guilt. This weekend a VERY SPECIAL EVENT is happening and I could not be more excited. Like school girl giddy. Like giddy as my children when they get to buy a new pez dispenser giddy. I am going on saturday to Sea World.. To have dinner with this man.  
Jack Hanna. King of the tv zoo men. Before we had the crocodile hunter, or Jeff Corwin or the dog whisperer.. we had Jack Hanna. Now I'm sure he will want to visit with some of the other ahem, hundreds of other, people there, but I'm okay with sharing. My husband thinks I'm a loon. Thats okay too. I told him last night that my greatest fantasy right now would be getting a picture of Jack with a monkey on one arm, and Silas on the other. I know. I'll try to be cool. But I'll be honest. I'm having trouble concentrating. Jungle Jack. at a pic nic.. with ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment