Monday, January 19, 2009

a quick update

We have been homeschooling for two weeks. My sister suggested starting simply and adding in more things weekly. So we did! The first week we only did phonics. This last week I added in memory work/copy work and some math. We are also adding in science books and videos as a break for him and as a way to get his little brain thinking. I caught him outside digging up a dinosaur yesterday.. he was out there for over an hour.. I guess my plan worked! We also have something back that we've been missing since about last uh, um, August. His giggle! That from the belly silly belly laugh that we love so much has returned. The tantrums are gone! His self esteem is so much better. He is not resisting working every day, and once we get started he does what I ask. He's even playing with his little brother and being nice! This morning we are taking him to get his eyes checked. I'm suspicious that his vision is not what it should be. I guess we'll find out in a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment