Thursday, June 9, 2011

Simply Reads :: {Summer books}

I stole some time this past week and read a couple books my Mama gave me. I loved them both for very different reasons.

                                  The first one is Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
Secret Daughter: A Novel
A book for mothers and daughters. A book for adoption lovers. I was in tears in several places. This is a work of fiction, but Gowda does an excellent job working through the emotions from all sides of international adoption. It made my heart long for that daughter I have dreamt of. The one I won't grow inside me. The one who will be waiting. I recommend not starting this novel unless you know you have no plans the next day. I guarantee you will not be sleeping until you finish it!

My second recommended  read  is Mothers and other Liars by Amy Bourett
Mothers and Other Liars
Again, this novel centers around a non conventional mother daughter relationship and examines just how far a mothers love for her daughter would take her. With a little legal drama, suspense, and arts and crafts lit thrown in this is a perfect summer read that goes beyond gossip and bikinis at the pool. I loved it and will be sending it on to my mother in law soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment