Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of the second Grade:-)

Today Eagle started Second grade! What a big day. I remember second grade well. The year of hall monitors, learning cursive, multiplication, my teacher who had super long hair and would let us brush it if we were good, playing bloody mary in the bathroom (dont remember that?... creepy kid game that has permanently affected my ability to walk into a dark bathroom), first loves and so much more. This is the first year I did not feel sad when dropping him off. I'm proud of him- Joyful that he woke up well this morning and got himself dressed, choosing his better school shoes on his own and then brushing his own hair. I'm a little nostalgic though so here are some other first school days to celebrate.
Kindergarten
First Grade
Second Grade

He was so confident this morning! When he first woke up he was a little nervous, but Daddy called from Laredo and by the time they were done talking he was excited and ready to go! He drew a picture and wrote a note in his best handwriting to his teacher and gave it to her in the camo bag with an apple. He started this tradition last year, all on his own.. taking an apple to his teacher. I think its sweet. I totally meant to go get a really nice big pretty red apple, but oops. So he took a little green one from our mixed fruit bag :-). Worked for him, so it works for me! He also did not want me to take him inside. I was confident he would find his class because it is just a few steps from last years class. That made me one of five parents who did not park and walk in their child. Oh well. I'm trying to trust his lead on things like this. We had taken his supplies to meet the teacher night last week so all he had was his lunch money and teacher gift. And swagger. He had plenty of swagger this morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment