Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Language

I majored in English and although my spelling is horrible and my typing worse, I have a big appreciation for vocabulary. I love finding new words, or reading stories that make use of creative vocabulary. I have come to realize though in raising children it is indeed the simple words that mean the most. We have started really listening to Balin and these are the words we believe he is saying. Words that are more "million dollar" than any I have heard before.

Dad / Daddy/ Dada
Dog (any fuzzy animal)(he loves Lucy)
Duck
Ball
bye-bye
bottle
AAAAYYYNNNN (Ayden)
Mummmm mumum (mom)

We are trying to teach him sign, but he prefers to try to speak instead and looks at me like I'm crazy when I show him signs. Ayden on the other hand loves to yell "mom I'm this" from the other room so that I have to go look, when he can talk like a third grader when he wants to. Communication. A precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment