Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kolache

We spent a couple of hours at a Kolache festival this morning. YUM. We love kolaches. In fact, as we were heading out the door and telling the kids where we were going Mudbug was very confused (and angry) when we did not turn towards our usual restaurant.  But with just a short drive we found ourselves in one of the adorable towns that make up central Texas and were on our way to the sugary, buttery goodness that is a kolache.  There were also vendors. Hundreds of vendors. I love festivals like this for the opportunity to talk to artisans and find out why they make what they make. I can't wait to share with you about our favorite vendor today, but as we bought a gift for my parents from him that will have to wait until they open it. The second goal, other than obtaining dessert for breakfast was trying to walk this baby out. I'm having lots of contractions tonight, so maybe it did something! In the meantime I thought I would share some of the comments I received today. As a 38+ weeker I'm used to comments and few bother me, but I found these kinda funny:
"You look like youre about to pop!" - this is a standard oh-you-are-preggo-I should-say-something comment. But really. As long as I've been alive I've never heard of a pregnant woman popping. I hope I never do.
" That must be a big baby" -enough said, bring me another kolache.
"when are you due?" -repeated more than a handful of times. I should have a worn a shirt that said "yes, my water very well might break on your feet."
and my favorite, from the aforementioned favorite vendor, a man
(to Lucas) "Keep her close to the car" and (to me) "drink water and take deeeeeep breaths!"

No comments:

Post a Comment