Friday, February 13, 2009

Methinks I see the wanton hours flee,
And as they pass, turn back and laugh at me.
~George Villiers


Time needs to slow down. We bought a toddler bed for Balin this afternoon. We set it up to introduce it and hope that he might like the idea and EVENTUALLY sleep there. We also rented a storage unit to store all of our baby items that clearly are not needed any more. A few hours later we were driving to go eat and Ayden announced "My tooth is loose!" Mind you.. he has said the same four words multiple times EVERY day for the past three months. Seriously. But this time he was right. Sure enough that same little tooth that first poked its way into this world is loose. Wiggly. Ready to come out soon. I'm so proud of both of these milestones for my boys, but am struck with a heavy sense of loss as well. My babies are not babies anymore. They are growing up and everyday I am reminded that they are one day closer to being thrust out into the cold scary world to fend for themselves. I feel like I'm running out of time. Ayden will be six in just a couple of months. How many years do I have left to really make an impression. To really instill in him those foundations that he will need. Have I prayed enough? Is there enough time to pray the prayers that need to still yet be prayed? What about the six years so far? Have they been good enough? My precious babies. Oh and Balin? Sleeping like a lamb in his big boy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment